CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

SURPRISES AND CELEBRATIONS....(middle)

We played 'GG JEPORDY". A game devised by Darren, Tara and Logan (w thanks to Mads for creating the board). This game first became a huge hit when played at Bill's 60th, albeit w different categories. (the player must understand that any relationship between the cards and the category is purely coincidental). These were the categories: WAYS OPRAH HAS AFFECTED MOM'S LIFE; THINGS WE'RE PRETTY SURE WE SHOULDN'T SAY (but will anyway); WAYS WE'VE LOOKED RICH; ANNIVERSARIES ONLY MOM REMEMBERS; FAVORITE MEDICAL EMERGENCIES................any relationship between these categories and myself are non-existent but absolutely lol funny! (Tara is our own personal Vanna).


* a side note to the public.......kudos to Darren for best use of a cord on an ancient mic---plugging it into his pants!



The dessert bru-haha began right after dinner. A fondue pot of chocolate w strawberries, pound cake, potato chips, etc. to dip; See's chocolates; artichoke/spinach dip w chips; cheesecake, brownie bites, and nuts---------------OH MY! We had a sweets break every half hour! Brilliant!





GIFTS ARE HAPPENIN'! TA DAA! This is a gift from Logan. It is Tommy Lee Jones Oscar program and nestled inside is a piece of the red carpet that Logan cut, yes cut for me right where it was alllll going down. This March Logan stood just off stage at the Academy Awards. When the winners left the stage they walked to Logan and he offered them mints and water. It was a lot of one on one time w the celebs. (I'm amassing my own museum).




I opened this cute gumball machine. It stands on a post. It is etched w the first initial of all 27 employees of Steele Graphics. (an heirloom)





DRUMROLL PLEASE! The Big Gift.........after trying to figure out how I could possibly want a pressure cooker as my 40th anniversary gift, it was revealed that a fabulous ruby ring was hidden inside. Bill and Tiffani picked it out and had a high degree of success!!! I finally figured out how to post my fav picture of my boy Bill and me loving this great ring he surprised me with.









I LOVE PRESENTS.....I forgot. (ok, I have things to learn about pictures and posting)...a less than great picture with my new ruby ring which matches my eyes while you take a peek up my nose. Bill is back in the game with some great surprises. YES!







The kids then told me about the last two gifts. One that they had all made a quilt patch and Tiff (the gifted quilt maker) was going to make me a (much desired) quilt for my very own. It took my breath away! WOW!
Lastly, they were all going to church w us the next morning @ 9 am. The kids had gotten people to take over their jobs and we went early Sunday morning so we could sit together. I was blown away. What some precious kids we have. The whole weekend was customized for me and they didn't miss a step.
*cont.next post





4 comments:

The Quist Family said...

Well...I am impressed! Check out our new found bling. The Ruby Ring is beautiful!! What a great weekend with all the kiddos together. I don't know what I am impressed with more, the awesome quilt that Tiff the master put together or Darrens new found way to use a microphone?!?

Jaimee said...

What a fun celebration! Your kids definitely learned how to have fun from their Mom & Dad! And I love the ring--score Bill! Congrats on reaching 40 years--that is wonderful!

Robin Pedersen said...

WOW and WOW, again. This was like a production that was several years in the making. You are loved, Gayle. You are very lucky.

The Scotts said...

I love the gumball machine with the initials. That is adorable and WOWZA on the ring! It just keeps getting better!