CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

A tall table (or tale)

WooHoo! We finally got a new kitchen table and chairs. It is counter height and I love the height so much I want to marry it. What we had was an antique table that was used by Bill when he was a very little guy. I'm thinking it's 60/70 years old. We had 6 different chairs around it that were collected from times in our lives.

We are still using the old stuff in different areas. Who knew I would finally be able to see messes on the table---all the better to wash it w my dear. It's closer to my face and I'm not flying blind.

There is just a whole lot of bending no one on my team has to do . Of course some of my little gkids are falling off the chairs but it seems to be taking an average of one drop and they're good.

It's the configuration of 2 chairs to a side. A dumpload of space in the middle lets us lay Lucy there, sit around her and be entertained. (yeah, she is fulfilling her purpose in life).

4 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

That's awesome! Cory and I just love the tall table and chairs! I can't wait to see them. Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the gkids too much...one fall oughta do it! (That's no different then us sitting on bar stools when we were kids!)

matt and brynnzie said...

Haha, gkids bounce back right?

C & D Pedersen said...

Congrats on the new table! It is alway a plus when you don't have to bend, you can see it better and display Lucy on it.

Jaimee said...

Your new table did look great Friday night! And I loved your quilt tablecloth! Great post and thanks for hosting the family get-together.