CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

thequiltthequiltthequiltthequilt!

Alrighty then...Tiffani Lyn (retired leader of the kids) came out of retirement to make this "more precious than rubies" quilt. You may recall that everyone gave me a quilt block for my bday. Tiffani, with all her talent, made this for me and I couldn't be happier. (I thought I had these pictures in some sort of order but not so much....onward). Tara and Darren have the green block. There name, etc. has been stitched as have all their kids. I think pretty much every medium was used by these creative kids/gkids...see following...
Bill Steele painted a stylized paint brush w white tip. Tiffani sewed this in another direction but it looks fine w all the guesses made by people trying to figure out what he painted...i.e. red chile pepper, rocket; Christmas light, thing that could blow up the world. It's vintage Bill.
The whole presh thing (should be at the top of this post).
I took shots at different angles. Some got a little coverage and some got a lot. Below "The Beatles" which was the theme was created by Tiffani from a shirt Kami wore...more detailed than it looks...just love it. Lexi executed the pink one which has a paint dot in each flower and her name is embroidered on. Cooper is the cute hand print and spiderman details. Rylie is the corner right. It's red hearts and her name in puff paint...she writes well for a 2 something. Sydney wrote happy birthday to me and decorated w lots of dots....kewl.


This is a pocket off a shirt Sherrie bought at a Paul McCartney concert we went too. It has Paul's name and the concert name.......yes, I still love Paul. (just soooos you know).
Madi's name is in glitzy letters ironed on. She remembered I love purple. Jack is the money block and you many notice Jacko gets a lot of camera time in different shots. Tiffani made the 40th anniversary block out of purple (our wedding color) and a ring from one of Lexi's princesses...very sweet. Lucy June had her parents make hers. Kami is currently into pink and green.
Logan, never to be outdone, has turned out the block of all quilt blocks for his ma. Puts a smile on my face every single time...really! Kami and Erik have made their block like cross stitch only w pen. Megan and Justin are the hearts and puff paint duo. Parker was kind enough to put his name on camo while Brookie stitched her name and mine and used paint to finish. Saigey girl did a cute layout w flowers and squiggles. Cade did lots of designs and great colors.



This is a rerun which I would delete but I don't know how. This is the 3rd time Jack's square has shown up in the shoot. Truman's is a background of soccer balls, a sport he excels in. Lincoln wanted his name just that size and in that spot (says his mom) and Reagan is a Dora girl all the way.
Macy's block says alot about love. She wrote it all those times across the fabric and then signed and glitzed her name...we joke about who loves who more. She's trying to win! Ty guy is the bottom left and told me I'm awesome w a heart.
It took 60 years to build this quilt--well maybe 40. It's one of the most meaningful treasures I own. Thank you precious kids and fabulous gkids! oxox



5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love it!! Tiff really is the best. I will be calling her in 25 years or so make my kid/grandkid quilt. Do you think she'd come out of retirement one more time?

The Scotts said...

What a treasure. That Tiff is amazing! I remember my Mom wearing her Beatles shirt after you guys went.

Jaimee said...

That quilt is so beautiful! What a treasured item to have! Tiff did a great job putting it together, too. I love the post before with all your grandkids on the stairs---cute, pic! And Bill's cowboy picture is amazing! Truly, that is a wonderful painting!

Summertime Designs said...

Gayle, I just realized I did not reply about this post (and you may never read it since I'm so late!) But I just absolutely love this quilt and how each piece came from the heart of someone special to you. I really love Lincoln's...that's a classic. And I'm glad my mom was able to contribute too. This is just so neat. Great job once again Tiffany!

Summertime Designs said...

Oops... I meant to spell it Tiffani with an "i"!